It can be nerve-wracking when you’re expecting a baby yet you see no symptoms to show you’re pregnant. Or it could be that you are experiencing some changes but are not aware. Some people may experience pregnancy symptoms as early as 8 DPO, while others may experience it later.
This is why pregnancy tests are taken after the two-week window. The two-week window is the phase between your ovulation and your next period. It allows for the hormones to reach a considerable level and be detected on the test.
As you begin your pregnancy journey, it is necessary that you are aware of common signs and symptoms which may show up earlier than expected.
In this article you will learn more about the changes in your body at 11 DPO (days past ovulation) plus how to identify those symptoms on time.
What happens at 11 DPO?
While timing is the key to getting pregnant, the number of days past ovulation is also important. 11 DPO is the period where your body increases the amount of pregnancy hormones such as hCG, estrogen and progesterone.
If you are trying to get pregnant, you will most likely take note of any subtle change your body undergoes. It helps if you track your progesterone levels at home so you can easily detect these early signs and symptoms of pregnancy.
The first thing that happens is ovulation. A mature egg is released from the ovary into the abdomen near the fallopian tube. The egg travels down the tube and into the uterus.
After ovulation, a brief meet-and-greet, called fertilization, occurs where the sperm cell joins the mature egg. This happens within 24 hours post ovulation.
The fertilized egg, or zygote, travels down toward the uterus. The zygote splits in two repeatedly until it forms a group of many divided cells called a blastocyst.
Implantation of the zygote to the womb then takes place between 8 DPO to 10 DPO (days past ovulation).The embryo then develops into a baby and other necessary structures.
However, don’t panic if you have not experienced implantation yet as some researchers have found out it can take up to 12 days post ovulation.
Common 11 DPO Symptoms
Sometimes, you may experience early signs of pregnancy and not be aware. Here are some common symptoms to look out for:
- Nausea: Although your doctor might call this “morning sickness”, it pretty much lingers on for the whole day. Many people could instantly tell they were pregnant just because of the ever lasting nausea.
- Cramping: You may experience mild abdominal or pelvic cramps when implantation is taking place. Some women say that it feels like period cramps, though it is less painful.
- Spotting: Implantation might cause tiny blood vessels to burst which may lead to spotting. The spotting is normally lighter than your period with colors from light brown to pink. Nevertheless, the bleeding is short-lived.
- Breast sensitivity: Early pregnancy always comes with breast enlargement and tenderness. Your nipples may also become more sensitive and sore.
- Frequent urination: Normally, as your baby develops in the womb, you may experience frequent urination. However, early pregnancy can also come with this symptom.
- Headaches and Tiredness: Your fluctuating hormones can lead to headaches, dizziness and tiredness.
Should I Take a Pregnancy Test at 11 DPO?
Pregnancy tests taken at home measure the amount of hCG hormone in your urine which increases as your pregnancy progresses. Sensitive tests can detect hCG at a level of 6.3 mIU/mL.
But don’t be surprised if you get a negative result as 11 DPO may be quite early to test positive.
You’ll most likely get a positive result if you have started experiencing many symptoms of early pregnancy. This is because your hCG levels are higher. Like we said earlier, it may be too early to test positive but it’s not impossible.
Just ensure you take the test immediately you rise in the morning for accurate results. It is also advisable to take it on the first day of your missed period to confirm the previous result.
What does it mean to get a BFP at 11 DPO?
A group of experts at Cleveland Clinic agree that most home pregnancy tests are approximately 99% accurate when used as instructed by the manufacturer.
On the bright side, a BFP at 11 DPO shows that there’s a high chance you are pregnant. Although it’s still early to feel any symptoms. Nevertheless, a visit to your doctor for confirmation won’t do any harm.
Common early signs of pregnancy include:
- Increased breast sensitivity
- Higher body temperature
- Increased normal heartbeat
Big Fat Negative (BFN) Test at 11 DPO
Don’t be afraid! A negative result at 11 DPO does not mean that you aren’t pregnant considering it’s still early. You should try again at 12 DPO and check the results. If the result remains negative, then it is most likely correct. Although you won’t be certain till you see your period.
How Many DPO Is Late For Implantation?
Well, it all depends. According to a study, the general implantation occurs between 8 – 10 DPO.
Thankfully, it can take about two days after implantation to get a BFP which explains the delay you may experience between the day of implantation and the day you test positive.
Can You Experience Implantation Bleeding at 11 DPO?
No, you can’t. Mainly because it has been proved by scientists. A 2003 study published in the journal Human Reproduction couldn’t support the claim that implantation can cause bleeding.
Instead the study concluded that bleeding of any sort were not good signs of pregnancy. They also proved that bleeding occurred several days after implantation had taken place.
What To Do If You Have No Pregnancy Symptoms at 11 DPO?
Stay calm. Most women don’t notice any signs at 11 DPO. Although it seems ideal to experience pregnancy symptoms, it isn’t always true. Being asymptomatic at this stage does not completely cancel the chances of pregnancy.
- 11 DPO is also known as 11 days past ovulation.
- Implantation occurs 8 -10 days past ovulation.
- Some women experience early pregnancy symptoms as low as 6 DPO, like cramping, bleeding, headache, nausea, breast sensitivity, spotting.
- Although it’s unlikely that early pregnancy tests will be positive at 11 DPO, some very sensitive tests may record a positive result.
- If you get a negative pregnancy test at 11 DPO, retest at 12 DPO.